About AEPA WV
Association of Educational Purchasing Agencies of West Virginia started in 2000 with 10 member states with purchasing professionals who had the mutual goal of securing combined volume purchasing contracts based on potential sales by qualifying customers in participating states using:
- Combined expertise
- Existing vendor relationships
- Experience & overall vision
As of today, AEPA has grown to have 29 member states!
AEPA WV’s Mission
Our mission is to cooperatively serve our agency memberships through a continuous effort to explore and solve present and future purchasing needs. AEPA is working on your behalf to secure multi-state volume purchasing contracts that have benefits that are measurable, cost-effective and continuously exceed our memberships expectations.
How We Operate
Once bids are approved for awards by AEPA, each member state selects contracts to provide the greatest benefit to their state.
Contracts are typically awarded for one year, with options to renew for three additional years.
- Redefine organizational bylaws, policies & procedures
- Consider new state members
- Select product categories to solicit
- Select task groups and committee members
When you choose AEPA, you are selecting a well-established, effective cooperative purchasing collaborative that will give you the most bang for your buck.
- Leverage the purchasing power to benefit all schools regardless of size, with the ability to purchase at equal buying levels.
- Combine the potential needs of all schools to create an incentive to vendors to offer the best price and the highest quality product in the country.
- Stream line the bidding and purchasing process through a single locally and nationally recognized purchasing solicitation.
- Provide a single contract that is available statewide with one cooperative agency identified to function as the statewide contract facilitator and representative.
- Become the national purchasing option and solution for interested qualified customers and vendors.